Saturday, April 1, 2017

To Tell These Stories

After months of hearing that I should have a blog, I'm taking the plunge and starting one. One of the reasons for finally doing this now,  I admit,  is that I always felt left out when people do blog hops during writing contests. I didn’t have a blog because I don’t think I write well enough to have one. Yeah, you read that right.

 I don’t think I write well enough to have a blog. 

You may ask, ‘Then what makes you think you can write well enough to write a novel?’  The simple answer is that I may not write well, but I do a heck of a job revising. As my kids say, my rough drafts sound like they are written by a six-year-old. But then I revise, and they tell me I write as well as, or better than, a lot of the authors who are currently published.

I love my kids. They are my harshest critics and my biggest fans. 

Writing takes time, revising takes, even more, time. By the time I finish writing this post, it will probably have gone through four or more revisions. I’m not a good writer. I’m a good reviser, and I’d rather be revising fiction than blog posts, but I’ve been told that when I become published, it will be good to have a blog.  Another reason I haven’t started a blog until now is partially explained in this blogs title, To Tell These Stories. When I write, I want to write about things I care about. I don’t write to become famous or to have people notice what I have done; I write because I have something I want to say. I don’t know if I have enough things to say, that people would want to hear about, to maintain a blog with what I would expect to be at least weekly posts. But, here it is anyway, a very unimpressive first post. This is my blog, To Tell These Stories. Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment